Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Hour at The Hornet: 4-7pm

$3 Tapas: Crab Cakes, Chicken Pesto Pizza, or Jalapeno Poppers
$3 Organic Infused Vodka, Calls, Wine.
$2.50: Wells, Bottles. $1 off Drafts.



The Hornet is a nice little restaurant / bar off Broadway. They have a back patio and a two pool tables (although one was out of order). Pretty fun atmosphere and the layout is pretty nice. Their regular menu is made up of mainly sandwiches and a handful of entrees, although I think it's a bit overpriced for what you get ($10 plus on most sandwiches). But, that's why I go during happy hour.

Food:
On the downside The Hornet offers just three tapas options for their happy hour - a little disappointing. Luckily, I like almost everything, so I ordered the Chicken Pesto Pizza and the Crab Cakes. The pizza was not bad... it was about six inches and tasted decent, nothing spectacular. Crab cakes were a pretty similar story, you get two. Now I know The Hornet has good food, because I've eaten there before. So suggest ordering off the regular menu.

Drinks:
They have great options for drinks with lots of good beers on Draft. I was drinking 90 Shilling (See Photo). During happy hour, good drafts typically go for $3.50 or you can get a bottle for $2.50. You can also order a plethora of other drinks at happy hour prices and they usually have daily specials as well.

My recommendation: check out the hornet for lunch or dinner. Their happy hour is just okay, nothing really that stands out. Although I used to frequent their late night happy hour long ago. During late night hh they offer a $5 food menu that used to be awesome. I can't speak for it now, because I think they've changed the menu a bit. The other downside is they shortened the time the offer it, so it doesn't start till 11pm and I believe their kitchen closes at Midnight.

For more info on The Hornet and their specials click here.

1 comment: