Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Happy Hour at Limon

Happy Hour 5-7pm, all night Wednesdays.
$5 Cebiches and Mixturas, $3 Drafts, $4 Mojitos or Margaritas, $5 Wine


This was my first experience with Limon and first time eating Peruvian food. I have to say this place was really nice, very upscale vibe. I love trying new types of food and culture so this was a treat for me. There were not very many people in the restaurant, but I'm guessing it's usually a lot busier. The service was great, being my first time trying Peruvian food I had a lot of questions and the server was very friendly and helpful.

Drinks
Great selection of drinks for happy hour. I think they had 4 beers on draft - all excellent beers! I got a Deschutes Amber that was very tasty. My friend ordered a Mojito, which she seemed to really enjoy. They have a large wine list and if wine is your thing you should go on a Monday when all bottles are 50% off.

Food
I wasn't really sure what I was exactly ordering, but I was feeling adventurous. We split two items off the happy hour menu: Atun tartar y Tabule de cereals andinos (Ahi tuna tar-tar, Andean grain salad with avocado mousse, plantain chips) and Yucca and Plantain chips with Limon salsa. The Tuna Tar-Tar was different than anything I've ever eaten before. It was a mound of packed grains with sushi-grade tuna and a creamy sauce on top. It was delicious and the presentation was beautiful! The Yucca and Plantain chips would be the equivalent to chips and salsa, but very different. The salsa was chunky, not really a sauce at all, but more of a solid. You get two types of chips (Yucca and plantain), both very tasteful and unique.

I would definitely recommend Limon's Happy Hour when you're feeling adventurous and up for something a little different. My guess is you will love it and be back again.

For more information on Limon's Specials click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment